We know that in this particular time, a lot of questions are arising on how to organize family life. At Apta-Advice, we’ve consulted with Life Coach to bring you tips to help optimize time at home, inspired by ideas from classic management theories.
1) Acknowledge that you need to re-organize family life. Start by:
2) Bringing everyone to the table (partners, children, grandparents) to formulate a plan.
3) Identifying each person’s needs, talents, and opportunities.
4) Empowering everyone: motivate and engage everyone with tasks and incentives.
When it comes to our individual behavior, we all need to be vigilant when dealing with the following tendencies that can overcome us, especially when we’re all trying to adapt our time-organization to the situation of confinement.
5) Trying not to take on too much and overload yourself with tasks and responsibilities.
6) Looking for opportunities to delegate more. Children like to pitch in, let them take on some of the lighter chores.
7) Channeling your survival instincts; trust your inner voice rather than be influenced by ambient negativity and “noise”.
8) Being open to pursuing new challenges and interests. Now’s the time!
9) Recognizing that you also need time for yourself. If you don’t take care of yourself and take time to rest, get some exercise or simply enjoy some “me-time”, your ability to manage family life will be diminished, and your loved ones will feel the consequences.
10) Humans are social beings, and we thrive on touch and physical contact. Although it is imperative to practice social isolation and distancing exactly as recommended by your local health authorities, we can compensate by showing physical affection to the loved ones we are confined with: Hugs, cuddles, kisses and a good back rub are all essential to staying emotionally well-balanced during your time at home.
Compare your child’s weight with other children their age
Our team of experts is ready to answer your questions and support you on your journey from pregnancy to toddler hood. For more information and relevant advice, please contact us between 9am-6pm from Saturday to Thursday.